About Me

My photo
My name is Melody and I like to write! I love how words can come together in a conversation, story, or song and can create something that generates a response in those that are exposed to it. Words have the power to do so much. It is up to us to determine how we choose to use them. I am truly blessed to be a child of God, wife to my husband of 21 years , and mother to two great kids. With God first in my family, I am victorious~

Thursday, January 5, 2017

I lay it all down...

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John5:14-15 NIV

When you make your relationship your top priority, you can come boldly before Him and ask anything.  How amazing is our God! Desire to make your relationship with Him a priority and he will grant all of our requests. This year I choose to give Him my everything.  I lay it all down and surrender completely to Him. This is something that has been difficult for me in years past because I tend to be a bit of a control freak (or so I 'm told).  Knowing that He is in control has lifted such a burden off my shoulders and has brought me peace that I have never before experienced. Things will not always go as planned but it comforts me to know that He is in control and I know He's got this:)
This year started off with a bang and we made it a priority to spend the first week at church for Gateway's First Conference. What an experience that was! The worship team there is absolutely amazing, so much so that you can actually feel the presence of the Holy Spirit every time you come to worship. I am looking forward to becoming official members of the church and to become an active member of our church family to better serve others. God is so good and I cannot wait to see what he has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment