About Me

My photo
My name is Melody and I like to write! I love how words can come together in a conversation, story, or song and can create something that generates a response in those that are exposed to it. Words have the power to do so much. It is up to us to determine how we choose to use them. I am truly blessed to be a child of God, wife to my husband of 21 years , and mother to two great kids. With God first in my family, I am victorious~

Monday, November 22, 2010

Time to give thanks!

So here we are again with the holiday season upon us. My how quickly the time seems to pass us by. Thanksgiving is right around the corner with the hustle and bustle of Christmas to follow right after. This year I have made a promise to myself to sit back and enjoy the holidays for what they truly are...the opportunity to spend time with loved ones. Everything seems to get so hectic and people tend to forget what the true meaning of the holidays is all about. It isn't about buying the most popular or expensive gift. It isn't about fulfilling every obligation on your jam packed social calendar. And it isn't about doing things for others in hopes that you get something in return. This is the time to truly cherish those precious moments with the ones you love because you are never promised tomorrow. We are in for quite a whirlwind after the holidays with so many changes taking place that I just want to sit back and take it all in. I want for my kids to remember that we did things together as a family so that when they too have their own families some day, they can also make special memories with them. Life is much too short to spend it complaining about things you cannot change. So just go with the flow and make every second count as the blessing that it is.

I am very thankful for my family! I love them so much. My children are my life and I thank the Lord every day for allowing me to be their mother. Without our families we are nothing. they are the ones who are always there for us and know us at our best and at our worst and still love us unconditionally. I am very thankful to have a job that I absolutely love waking up for. I am fortunate enough to be able to spend the majority of my day with some of the most wonderful people I have ever met who never cease to amaze me, always challenge me to go beyond the norm, and inspire me to never stop dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment