About Me

My photo
My name is Melody and I like to write! I love how words can come together in a conversation, story, or song and can create something that generates a response in those that are exposed to it. Words have the power to do so much. It is up to us to determine how we choose to use them. I am truly blessed to be a child of God, wife to my husband of 21 years , and mother to two great kids. With God first in my family, I am victorious~

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Belly of the whale

Do you ever feel that things have gotten so bad that you are never going to find a way out?  Do you ever get so trapped in your thoughts that you feel like a prisoner in your own mind? Things go from bad to worse in instant and we allow them to take us on a downward emotional spiral of sadness, anger, selfishness, etc...
Sometimes we tend to let the stresses of the world slowly creep in and before we know it...we have lost all control of our thoughts and have allowed the walls to cave in around us. We keep struggling to stay in control but the more we struggle the more withdrawn we become from the one that is indeed in control. It can get to the point that we feel like Jonah trapped in the belly of the whale wishing for death with  no hope, no faith, no desire to seek Him and completely lost.  It is easy to get lost in the trials and worries of the world that sometimes we allow it to consume our thoughts and take over in our lives.  When we allow emotions to take over we lose sight of the fact that God is still in control.  I know we will face different seasons in our lives and that it is always nice when everything seems to be going the way we want it to. All of a sudden (or at least it feels that way) the rug is swept from under us and we are trapped in the belly of the whale with no hope for rescue of the inevitable fate that we fear to come.  What we tend to forget is that it is at these particular moments, the ones where we think that nothing can help us and there is no hope in sight, it is then that we are to surrender all to Him who is ready to reach out and save us and all we have to do is ask. He is already fighting our battles and offering refuge if we just call out to Him. The last few weeks have been testing my faith and in my weakness I have neglected to surrender it all to Him. It is, after all, much easier said than done. I mean who wants to pretend that all the bills will pay themselves or that all of the suffering will subside or that your circumstances (no matter how big or small) will suddenly get better. We live in society where it is a sign of weakness to ask for help.  How do we do this?  Very simple...we pray and ask Him for help.  It is okay to give up control to Him and He wants nothing more than for us to have a relationship filled with enough trust that we are not afraid to ask Him for help. I am broken and no longer embarrassed or afraid to ask for His help because I need it now more than ever. Lord forgive me for thinking that I can do things on my own without you and thank you for your continued blessings.  Help me to remember that you are always here to take on all that which I cannot and to provide peace  and hope that only you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment