About Me

My photo
My name is Melody and I like to write! I love how words can come together in a conversation, story, or song and can create something that generates a response in those that are exposed to it. Words have the power to do so much. It is up to us to determine how we choose to use them. I am truly blessed to be a child of God, wife to my husband of 21 years , and mother to two great kids. With God first in my family, I am victorious~

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Too much time to think!

Tomorrow will officially be two weeks since my surgery. I feel okay for the most part, until I try to over do it and then I feel the pain again. But somebody has to get things done around here! I hate just laying here or sitting here and taking it "easy". I don't even think I know how to do that. I feel like there is always something that needs to be done and I have to be the one to do it. My kids are the best ever and have really tried to get things done for me but they are only kids. My husband tries in his own way but maybe I am just being too hard on him. I have spent too much time reading posts on a website for women who have had hysterectomies recently and what they are going through and I have to admit that I am jealous! I want to feel like the pampered princesses I am reading about. I want everyone around me to do everything to my liking, but here in my real world it is not happening. I know we are both stressed with Christmas right around the corner and not being able to do near as much as we are used to for our kids or family but life goes on.
While I have been at home I have spent some time reading books and magazines. I think now would be a good time to exercise something that I read recently. I have decide to be a part of the Woman's Day magazine year-long "Get Happy Challenge". I like to think of myself as a pretty peppy person to begin with so I figure this shouldn't be too hard. However, since my surgery I feel really emotional and can be quite a crybaby. This month's challenge is ..........REMEMBER LOVE. Okay so what exactly does that mean? Well I read that even though we think that we act the way we do because of the way we feel it is quite the contrary. So since we act because of the way we feel it should be quite a challenge to remind myself to act the way I want to feel. I would like to commit to be less demanding of others and be happy for what I have. I would like to be able to appreciate others for what they are and not try to change them into something I think they should be. The writer of the article mentioned trying to be more tender and loving with her husband which at this point doesn't sound like a bad idea to me either. I will make a consciuos effort everyday to point out to my husband something he has done that makes me love him. I think sometimes we take for granted others around us. We expect things to be a certain way and when they are not we often make it a point to complain about it. What we should be doing is telling others how we feel about the "expected" things they do on a daily basis. It's the little things we seem to take for granted. It's also those same little things that our loved ones need to know we appreciate about them. Funny how we lose sight of the simple things in life. So I ask all of you to join me in this endeavor and commit to the Get Happy Challenge so that we can not only find happiness in ourselves but share it with those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment