About Me

My photo
My name is Melody and I like to write! I love how words can come together in a conversation, story, or song and can create something that generates a response in those that are exposed to it. Words have the power to do so much. It is up to us to determine how we choose to use them. I am truly blessed to be a child of God, wife to my husband of 21 years , and mother to two great kids. With God first in my family, I am victorious~

Monday, November 2, 2009

Just another manic Monday

Wish it were Sunday...cause that's my fun day...my I don't have to run day. That's my day in a nutshell. Actually we had a pretty great weekend. Spent Halloween with awesome friends and celebrated my baby boy's 5th birthday at Grandma's with the family. Saturday we all got dressed up and went trick or treating with friends. Marissa was an angel, Marcus was the red Power Ranger (his fave), Mario was an 80's hair metal rocker, and I was an Oreo cookie. Yes..an Oreo. We had a blast and I will have to post pics soon. Sunday my son turned 5 and Grandma wanted to have a cookout for him which was fine by me. We are going to try to have a party for him and his friends in a couple weeks with pony rides(through friend of friend), bounce house and of course...the pinata. Today work was great. About drove myself crazy trying to figure out what to wear to work tomorrow for 50's day but I think I found a winner. I got home and felt this sudden urge to rearrange the living room, put away Halloween decor, and prepare the spot for the Christmas tree which will be going up in the next 2-3 weeks. I figure I better go ahead and prepare now so that I can enjoy it while I am at home during my recovery period after surgery. I go in for my last shot this Friday and then bloodwork to make sure my white blood cells are up to go ahead with surgery. I can't wait for this to be over. I have this awful feeling that recovery is not going to be as easy as I would like it to be. It's going to be hard to not do anything like cooking, cleaning, and the like. I have some good books ready for reading to help the time go by. Time for bedtime stories and bed..so this rambling session has to end for today,

1 comment:

  1. I am ready to start decorating for Christmas, I love getting that stuff out and reminising of christmas pasts.

    ReplyDelete